Set against cliffs rising dramatically from the sea, the Cinque Terre is sure to be a place you will never forget. Enjoy the glory of nature and the charm of old world fishing villages… and maybe some great seafood and local white wine as well!
A NOTE ABOUT DRIVING TIMES
The Cinque Terre is quite a distance from Genoa. Please refer to the schedule below for specifics.
Our itinerary includes the best of the area — Portovenere, Manarola, Vernazza and Monterosso — with decent time to visit each place.
Nature enthusiasts will be glad to know that Parco Nazionale delle Cinque Terre is a Nature Sanctuary, as well as a Unesco World Environmental and Cultural Heritage site. In Cinque Terre there are no cars and no noise; nature steals the scene!
The itinerary is typically as follows:
- 7:30am pick up at the ship
- 9:15am arrive Portovenere
- 10:00am take the ferry from Portovenere to Manarola (driver-guide takes the vehicle to meet you in Vernazza)
- 10:50am arrive Manarola, visit the village
- 11.50pm take the ferry from Manarola to Vernazza
- 12:05pm arrive Vernazza, have lunch (not included in the rate), visit the village
- 12:55pm take the ferry from Vernazza to Monterosso
- 1:15pm arrive Monterosso, visit the village
- 3:30pm rendezvous with your driver, head out on the highway
- 5:00pm back at the ship
The Cinque Terre boasts many fine restaurants and some of the best seafood in the world. The region is also known for its refreshing white wine that you should be sure to sample.
DURATION 9.5 hrs
OTHER COSTS & NOTES
The following rates for optional items that we book for you are valid if you pay in cash, and reflect 10% off the full rates that apply when paying by card or Paypal.
- CINQUE TERRE OTHER COSTS
- The ferry (from Portovenere to Vernazza, "one way with stops") costs 24 Euro pp (14 Euro for children 6-11), to be paid directly in cash at the ferry kiosk. The ferry cannot be pre-booked.
- A local guide who can accompany you on foot is available for an additional 300 Euro (must be arranged in advance).
- IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
- The Cinque Terre is NOT WELL-SUITED for anyone in a wheelchair or with mobility issues. Our Easy Cinque Terre itinerary is recommended for these situations.
- The Via dell'Amore is still closed with no known reopening date.
- If the ferry is not running you can travel between the villages by local train, which costs a few Euro (out of pocket expense).
- Your driver-guide will not accompany through the villages; they must take the vehicle to meet you at the other end.
- The conditions and availability of certain features are ever-changing in the Cinque Terre and we reserve the right to make changes to your itinerary based on the situation on the day of your service.
look for other excursions from Genoa
Otherwise you can search:ALPHABETICALLY BY PORT
BY AREA OF INTEREST
BY GEOGRAPHIC AREA
- Chianti Winery Tour & Tasting
- Chianti’s Charming Villages
- Cinque Terre
- Cinque Terre & Pisa
- Cooking Class in Chianti
- Cooking Class in San Miniato
- Easy Cinque Terre
- Florence & Lucca
- Florence & Pisa
- Florence & Pisa plus a taste of Chianti
- Florence & San Gimignano
- Florence & The Mall
- Florence for Kids & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa (7 hrs)
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo
- Lucca & San Gimignano or Volterra + optional winery
- Lucca half day (4 hrs)
- Pisa half day (4 hrs)
- San Gimignano & Siena
- San Gimignano & Volterra + optional winery
- Volterra (5-7 hrs)
- Volterra & Pisa + optional winery
- Volterra, Bolgheri & the Super Tuscan wine region