Cinque Terre from Genoa
Set against cliffs rising dramatically from the sea, the Cinque Terre is one of the most popular destinations in Italy. Enjoy the glory of nature and the charm of old world fishing villages on this day trip you’ll never forget!
A NOTE ABOUT DRIVING TIMES
The Cinque Terre is quite a distance from Genoa. Please refer to the schedule below for specifics.
Our classic tour includes the best of the area — Portovenere, Manarola, Vernazza and Monterosso — with decent time to visit each place.
DETAILS: CINQUE TERRE from Genoa
Set against cliffs rising dramatically from the sea, the Cinque Terre is sure to be a place you will never forget.
Nature enthusiasts will be glad to know that the Parco Nazionale delle Cinque Terre is a Nature Sanctuary, as well as a Unesco World Environmental and Cultural Heritage site. In the Cinque Terre there are no cars and no noise; nature steals the scene!
If you love to shop and eat you will be in hog heaven. The villages are brimming with boutiques, ice cream shops, and terraces where you can enjoy a drink or bite to eat. In high season there's a lot of hustle and bustle, but if you look beyond the crowds you will see that the charm of a bygone era still abounds.
One of the best things about the Cinque Terre is seeing things from the sea, so we recommend you take the ferry to travel from Portovenere to the other villages on the itinerary. (The ferry is also convenient because it lets you off right at the level of the village.) If the ferry isn't running you can take the regional train or we'll take you with the vehicle.
This schedule is pretty fast-paced but sitting down for a great lunch is an important part of it! The Cinque Terre boasts many fine restaurants and some of the best seafood in the world. The region is also known for its refreshing white wine that you should be sure to sample. Your driver-guide can help you with suggestions of places to eat. (Note that we get no payola for giving restaurant recommendations).
The Cinque Terre from Genoa tour schedule is typically as follows:
- 7:30am pick up at the ship
- 9:15am arrive Portovenere
- 10:00am take the ferry from Portovenere to Manarola (driver-guide takes the vehicle to meet you in Monterosso)
- 10:45am arrive Manarola, visit the village
- 11.45pm take the ferry from Manarola to Vernazza
- 12:05pm arrive Vernazza
- 1:05pm take the ferry from Vernazza to Monterosso
- 1:20pm arrive Monterosso, have lunch (not included in the rate), visit the village
- 3:30pm rendezvous with your driver, head out on the highway
- 5:00pm back at the ship
CINQUE TERRE from Genoa
DURATION 9.5 hrs
OTHER COSTS & NOTES
The following rates for optional items that we book for you are valid if you pay in cash, and reflect 10% off the full rates that apply when paying by card or Paypal.
- CINQUE TERRE OTHER COSTS
- The ferry (from Portovenere to Vernazza, "one way with stops") costs 30 Euro pp for those 12 yrs of age and up, 15 Euro for children 6-11. The fee is to be paid directly in cash at the ferry kiosk. The ferry is subject to sea and weather conditions, and cannot be pre-booked.
- A local guide who can accompany you on foot is available for an additional 300 Euro (must be arranged in advance).
- IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
- The Cinque Terre is NOT WELL-SUITED for anyone in a wheelchair or with mobility issues. Our Easy Cinque Terre itinerary is recommended for these situations, available from both Livorno and La Spezia.
- The Via dell'Amore is still closed with no known reopening date.
- If the ferry is not running you can travel between the villages by local train, which costs a few Euro (out of pocket expense).
- Your driver-guide will not accompany through the villages; they must take the vehicle to meet you at the other end.
- The conditions and availability of certain features are ever-changing in the Cinque Terre and we reserve the right to make changes to your itinerary based on the situation on the day of your service, or to substitute a different service in the event of severe storm warnings.
look for other excursions from Genoa
Otherwise you can search:ALPHABETICALLY BY PORT
BY AREA OF INTEREST
BY GEOGRAPHIC AREA
- Etna & Taormina from Catania-Taormina (opt. winery)
- Etna & Taormina with private guide from Catania-Taormina (opt. winery)
- Syracuse & Taormina or Noto
- Syracuse & Taormina or Noto with private guide all day
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Catania-Taormina
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Catania-Taormina with private guide
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Catania-Taormina
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Catania-Taormina with private guide
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from La Spezia
- Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from La Spezia
- Easy Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Florence & Pisa from La Spezia
- Florence from La Spezia
- Lucca & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from La Spezia
- Lucca, Pisa & the Grotta del Vento
- Portofino & Portovenere from La Spezia
- Authentic Tuscany (countryside, villages, artisan cheese & pasta)
- Chianti Winery Tour & Tasting
- Chianti’s Charming Villages
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from Livorno
- Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Cooking Class in Tuscany
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from Livorno
- Easy Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Florence & Lucca
- Florence & Pisa from Livorno
- Florence & Pisa plus a taste of Chianti
- Florence & San Gimignano
- Florence & The Mall
- Florence for Kids & Pisa
- Jewish Treasures of Tuscany from Livorno
- Lucca & Pisa (7 hrs)
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from Livorno
- Lucca & San Gimignano or Volterra + optional winery
- Lucca half day (4 hrs)
- Pisa half day (4 hrs)
- San Gimignano & Volterra + optional winery
- San Gimignano, Siena & Monteriggioni Castle
- Volterra (5-7 hrs)
- Volterra & Pisa + optional winery
- Volterra, Bolgheri & the Super Tuscan wine region
- Etna & Taormina from Messina (opt. winery)
- Etna & Taormina with private guide from Messina (opt. winery)
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Messina
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Messina with private guide
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Messina
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Messina with private guide