Cinque Terre & Pisa
Set against cliffs rising dramatically from the sea, the Cinque Terre is sure to be a place you will never forget. Enjoy the glory of nature and the charm of old world fishing villages plus a quick stop at the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
A NOTE ABOUT DRIVING TIMES
The Cinque Terre is quite close to La Spezia. The driving times are not heavy but the driving is definitely best left to a pro!
Our signature itinerary includes the loveliest and most indicative places of the Cinque Terre area — Portovenere, Manarola & Vernazza and the panoramic road — as well as Pisa.
Nature enthusiasts will be glad to know that Parco Nazionale delle Cinque Terre is a Nature Sanctuary, as well as a Unesco World Environmental and Cultural Heritage site. In Cinque Terre there are no cars and no noise; nature steals the scene!
We don’t have much flexibility with the schedule as it is tied to the rather limited ferry schedule.
The itinerary is typically as follows*:
- 08.30-09.30 drive to Pisa
- 09.30-10.15 Pisa
- 10:15-11.45 drive to Portovenere
- 11.45-13.45 Portovenere
- 13.45-14.30 ferry to Manarola
- 14.30-15.30 Manarola
- 15.30-15.50 ferry to Vernazza
- 15.50-16.45 Vernazza
- 16.45-17.30 drive back to port
Also available with a 09.30 start.
*This itinerary is for illustrative purposes only; reality may vary based on many factors. We may also need to adjust the start time; please refer to your confirmation for the final details.
▶︎ Love to hike? We have an itinerary that includes the beauteous trail from Vernazza to Corniglia.
The Cinque Terre boasts many fine restaurants and some of the best seafood in the world. The region is also known for its refreshing white wine that you should be sure to sample.
On Pisa’s “Campo dei Miracoli” you will find not only the world’s most famous bell tower but also the cathedral, baptistery and cemetery, which are all remarkable monuments.
Although our stop in Pisa is brief, there is time to climb the Leaning Tower, it only takes 15 minutes. You’ll still have time to have a quick look at everything and see how many creative shots you can get of your group “holding up” the Leaning Tower.
DURATION 9 hrs
OTHER COSTS & NOTES
The following rates for optional items that we book for you are valid if you pay in cash, and reflect 10% off the full rates that apply when paying by card or Paypal.
- CINQUE TERRE OTHER COSTS
- The ferry (from Portovenere to Vernazza, "one way with stops") costs 27 Euro pp (15 Euro for children 6-11), to be paid directly in cash at the ferry kiosk. The ferry cannot be pre-booked.
- A local guide who can accompany you on foot is available for an additional 300 Euro (must be arranged in advance).
- PISA OTHER COSTS
- Leaning Tower of Pisa (open daily), 22 Euro per person
Children under the age of 8 are not permitted to climb the Leaning Tower. The price of pre-booked tickets is subject to change (due to increases implemented by the issuing organization and not having to do with us).
- IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
- The Cinque Terre is NOT WELL-SUITED for anyone in a wheelchair or with mobility issues. Our Easy Cinque Terre itinerary is recommended for these situations.
- The Via dell'Amore is still closed with no known reopening date.
- If the ferry is not running you can travel between the villages by local train, which costs a few Euro (out of pocket expense).
- Your driver-guide will not accompany through the villages; they must take the vehicle to meet you at the other end.
- The conditions and availability of certain features are ever-changing in the Cinque Terre and we reserve the right to make changes to your itinerary based on the situation on the day of your service.
look for other excursions from La Spezia
Otherwise you can search:ALPHABETICALLY BY PORT
BY AREA OF INTEREST
BY GEOGRAPHIC AREA
- Chianti Winery Tour & Tasting
- Chianti’s Charming Villages
- Cinque Terre
- Cinque Terre & Pisa
- Cooking Class in Tuscany
- Easy Cinque Terre
- Florence & Lucca
- Florence & Pisa
- Florence & Pisa plus a taste of Chianti
- Florence & San Gimignano
- Florence & The Mall
- Florence for Kids & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa (7 hrs)
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo
- Lucca & San Gimignano or Volterra + optional winery
- Lucca half day (4 hrs)
- Pisa half day (4 hrs)
- San Gimignano & Siena
- San Gimignano & Volterra + optional winery
- Volterra (5-7 hrs)
- Volterra & Pisa + optional winery
- Volterra, Bolgheri & the Super Tuscan wine region