Montserrat with Boy’s Choir (6 hrs)
An amazing experience for all your senses.
This service begins at 10.00, in order for our arrival at the monastery to coincide with the performance of the boys’ choir.
About 45 minutes north of Barcelona rises Montserrat, a mountain with beautiful rock formations like long fingers stretching out towards the heavens. The Monastery of Montserrat, famous for its boys’ choir and soon to celebrate 1000 years of existence, is tucked away within these massive rocks.
On the road to Montserrat we can stop at a farmer’s market where you can sample beautiful local produce and an abundance of excellent cheeses. Once upon the mountain you will enjoy fantastic views.
Hearing the boys’ choir sing is a real treat as they rarely travel. Prepare yourself for an emotional experience when their song fills the air. The choir sings at 13:00, but we will need to be seated by 12:30 as the hall tends to fill up. Times may change according to booking date and choirs travel/holiday schedule.
After visiting the Monastery we’ll stop for lunch at a local restaurant, where your guide will remain at the table with you and continue explaining Catalan culture as you choose and enjoy the food together. The cost of lunch is not included in the rate; figure 15-20 Euro pp. It is customary to cover the cost of lunch for your guide.
DURATION: 6 hrs
OTHER COSTS & NOTES
The following rates for optional items that we book for you are valid if you pay in cash, and reflect 10% off the full rates that apply when paying by card or Paypal.
MONTSERRAT OTHER COSTS
- Entry to the monastery is free of charge.
- The cost of lunch is not included in the rate; figure 15-20 Euro pp. It is customary to cover the cost of lunch for your guide.
Otherwise you can search:ALPHABETICALLY BY PORT
BY AREA OF INTEREST
BY GEOGRAPHIC AREA
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from La Spezia
- Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from La Spezia
- Easy Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Florence & Pisa from La Spezia
- Lucca & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from La Spezia
- Lucca, Pisa & the Grotta del Vento
- Portofino & Portovenere from La Spezia
- Authentic Tuscany (countryside, villages, artisan cheese & pasta)
- Chianti Winery Tour & Tasting
- Chianti’s Charming Villages
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from Livorno
- Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Cooking Class in Tuscany
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from Livorno
- Easy Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Florence & Lucca
- Florence & Pisa from Livorno
- Florence & Pisa plus a taste of Chianti
- Florence & San Gimignano
- Florence & The Mall
- Florence for Kids & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa (7 hrs)
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from Livorno
- Lucca & San Gimignano or Volterra + optional winery
- Lucca half day (4 hrs)
- Pisa half day (4 hrs)
- San Gimignano & Volterra + optional winery
- San Gimignano, Siena & Monteriggioni Castle
- Volterra (5-7 hrs)
- Volterra & Pisa + optional winery
- Volterra, Bolgheri & the Super Tuscan wine region