Terms Of Service
General Conditions and Terms
Vehicle and driver services furnished by Papillon Service, a fully licensed and insured N.C.C. (chauffeur service).
Chamber of Commerce of Livorno registration no . 141523
Society address: Via Pacinotti, 80 – 57128 Livorno – Italy
P. Iva 01597230497
Cod. Fisc. NNN RRT 55T27 Z110T
All itineraries and other services arranged by Cendrillon LLC, travel consultants
30 N. Gould St., Suite R – Buffalo, WY 82801 – USA
BAD WEATHER-PORT CHANGES-FLIGHT PROBLEMS
Inclement weather is not grounds to cancel a service at the last minute. If you choose to cancel a service because of bad weather our cancellation policy will be applied.
For cruise ship passengers:
- If your ship does not dock due to bad weather you will not be charged (you will refunded in full if you’ve paid in advance).
- In the event you will be docking at an alternative port where the service can be carried out within reason, we will be in touch to get your approval for any necessary modifications to the itinerary and any additional costs.
- If you get wind of a port change please contact us at your earliest opportunity.
For those arriving by plane:
- The rate includes a wait-time of one hour after your flight has landed. After this allowance a supplement of 50 Euro per hour applies.
- If you are rerouted you must inform us of your new arrival time and it must be on the same day, otherwise the no-show penalty of 100% will apply.
- If you have a excursion scheduled immediately after an airport pickup and your arrival is seriously delayed we will carry out the excursion as well as is reasonably possible in the time remaining. No discounts will apply if the service must be shortened.
- If you arrive on a day different than scheduled, even if it is due to cancelled flights or missed connections through no fault of yours, the cancellation penalty of 100% will still apply. For this reason we strongly encourage clients to not book excursions on the day of arrival by air.
CHANGES TO YOUR BOOKING
You must notify us in writing of any changes you’d like to make to your booking. You will receive a revised confirmation if we’re able to accommodate the change. If you don’t receive the revised confirmation it is your responsibility to follow up with us.
Note that in high season it may be problematic to get pre-booked tickets, guides or appointments at wineries; we cannot be held responsible for any lack of availability.
Regarding changes to the number of passengers with less than 48 hours’ lead time:
- If you are reducing the number of passengers, you are obligated to pay for the number of passengers on your confirmation. This applies to any pre-booked items such as tickets or wineries as well. For example, if you are confirmed for 8 pax and only 6 show on the day of service you will be required to pay the total of all items for 8 persons.
- If you are increasing the number of passengers, the applicable rate will apply. Not all vans hold 8 passengers so we should be apprised in advance of any increases in the number of pax as we may need to reassign vehicles.
CREDIT CARD GUARANTEE
When you make a booking no deposit is required. YOUR CREDIT CARD IS TAKEN ONLY AS A GUARANTEE. We will not take payment with it unless you specifically request us to do so.
DURATION OF SERVICE/ADDITIONAL TIME CHARGES
The clock starts running at the pickup time indicated on your confirmation, whether you are present or not. If you are on a cruise ship and unable to disembark at the time indicated due to late arrival of the ship, we will compensate for time lost, within reason.
The duration is approximate. The stated duration of a service is the maximum that it should last. Our overriding responsibility is to get you back to the ship on time, so it’s possible that your service will finish before the estimated hours are completed. No reductions in the rate apply in this case.
Additional time at your request or as a result of your actions will be billed at 60 Euro per hour per vehicle for sedans and vans that hold up to 8 pax (different rates apply to larger vehicles).
For transfers the rate is flat and the duration is approximate; additional time would apply for any stops made at your request.
Food, beverages, entrance fees and gratuities are not included in the rate.
LAST MINUTE BOOKINGS
If you book with less than 72 hours of lead time a supplement of 50 Euro applies. In some cases we may require immediate payment in full by credit card (full rates will apply), or take a deposit.
Papillon Service is not liable for personal injury, loss or damage of luggage or belongings, or death. The company is not responsible for any injury, loss, delay, or inconvenience caused by force majeure (such as wars, floods, unusually severe weather, acts of god, etc.) or other events (such as strikes, road closures or traffic jams) which are beyond our control or which are not preventable by reasonable care by Papillon Service.
We strongly recommend that you arrange trip insurance to cover cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances or those beyond your control.
OUR RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES
Papillon Service reserves the right to make changes to any itinerary according to our best judgment and in the best interest of the client, and with respect to available time, the scheduled end time of the tour, and/or our obligation to get clients to port, airport or other destination by a specified time.
In the case of Cinque Terre we reserve the right to substitute a different service (you will be given options) in the event of inclement weather, actual or forecast, that may pose a threat to the safety of the client, our staff and our vehicles.
1. Cash IN EURO at the end of the service.
- The cash rate reflects 10% off the full rate.
2. Credit/debit card 2 WEEKS in advance. The full rate applies.
- You can choose to pay by credit card by selecting this option at the time of booking or by writing to us at least 2 weeks prior to the service (or first service, in the case of multiple bookings). We will process payment using the credit card given as a guarantee unless you notify us otherwise.
- Payment will be processed by CENDRILLON LLC. (In other words, this is the payee name you will find on your credit card statement or in the notification you receive from your credit card company or bank.)
3. Paypal 2 WEEKS in advance. The full rate applies.
- We’ll send you an invoice and payment would need to be received no later than 2 weeks prior to your service (or first service, in the case of multiple bookings).
4. In US dollars. The amount due will be calculated by applying the EUR-USD rate of exchange on the day of your service plus an 8% supplement to our cash rate.
We regret we don’t accept payment in currencies other than US dollars.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
The client or their agent is responsible for the accuracy of information provided when they make their booking. The client or their agent is also responsible to check the booking confirmation received from Papillon Service for accuracy and to inform us of any errors at least 14 days prior to the service date. Particular attention should be given to the date and pickup time; if arriving by cruise ship, the client or their agent should inform us in the event that the ship is scheduled to dock after the pick-up time indicated in their booking confirmation.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM YOUR DRIVER
For full-service excursions: An English speaking driver-guide is standard. We refer to them as driver-guides because they can be sharing information with you as you travel or are stopped in the vehicle. They will give you an orientation before you leave the vehicle for planned stops, then coordinate with you to give you enough time to visit each area.
- In Italy: PLEASE NOTE that driver-guides are by law NOT PERMITTED TO ENTER TOURIST SITES with you NOR ACCOMPANY YOU once you exit the vehicle. Local licensed guides (who would accompany you when you leave the vehicle and who are authorized to enter churches, museums and other tourist sites with you) are available for additional cost.
- In France (unlike Italy) driver-guides are also licensed as local guides, and local ordinances make it possible for them to accompany clients on foot and inside tourist sites.
For transfers: We do not guarantee fluent English speakers for transfers. We guarantee a properly licensed driver with basic English skills, sufficient to interact with you about the necessities and get you to your destination as planned.
Complaints must be made in writing to Mr. Robert Iannone via email at firstname.lastname@example.org within 12 days of the date of service and prior to posting any negative comments on any forum such as TripAdvisor or Cruise Critic.
JURISDICTION FOR LEGAL DISPUTES
Contracts with Papillon Service are governed by Italian law and in case of a dispute that we can not settle amicably, jurisdiction is conferred to the Italian courts.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
-100% fee applies to cancellations received less than 48 hours prior and for no-shows
-50% fee applies to cancellations received from 14 days to 48 hours prior
-No charge for cancellations made with at least 14 days notice
The cancellation penalty will be applied to on all items on your confirmation and charged to the credit card you gave as a guarantee.
You will receive a notice of cancellation once your request has been processed. If you don’t receive the notice it is your responsibility to follow up with us.
IF WE DON’T ACCOMPLISH ALL ITEMS ON THE AGENDA
No discounts or refunds will be given if all items on an agenda are not accomplished, regardless of the reason.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO CUT A SERVICE SHORT
No discounts or refunds will be given should a client choose to cut a tour short or eliminate items from the agenda.
Prepaid tickets to museums and attractions are non-refundable once procured. Papillon Service is not liable for missed entry, no matter how caused.
Toll free from Canada and the US1 844 811 2100
Please note: Your call rings on our phone in Italy.
The time in Italy is now: