4-hr “hybrid” walking tour: Best of Barcelona
Enjoy the best of Barcelona on our 4-hour private walking tour: Sagrada Familia, Gaudì buildings on the Paseo de Gracia, and highlights of the Gothic quarter.
BEST OF BARCELONA 4-HR “HYBRID” WALKING TOUR
We call this service a “hybrid” walking tour because the sites are rather spread out, so getting from one to the other will be done with public transportation (typically taxi or metro). Your guide will explain the options and costs.
The start time is flexible.
La Sagrada Familia
Sure to surprise you with its particular beauty inside and out, the basilica of La Sagrada Familia is yet unfinished and still under construction. Gaudì’s best-known work is a must-see for any visit to Barcelona. Even if you don’t care much for churches or have seen many others, you might want to make an exception to go inside this one; we bet you’ll agree that it’s unlike anything you have ever seen before. Note that going into the church is optional.
Paseo de Gracia
One of the first avenues built during the city’s 19th century expansion, Paseo de Gracia is home to two of Gaudi’s most notable works: Casa Milà (La Pedrera) and Casa Batllo. Even though we will view the houses only from the outside they are a great introduction to Gaudì’s unique approach and style that are so closely tied to the history of Barcelona.
The Gothic Quarter
We’ll take a quick look at Barcelona’s beautiful Old Town. Here the magnificent gothic cathedral and church of Santa Maria del Mar stand in contrast to the modern hustle and bustle along the Ramblas.
DURATION: 4 hrs
OTHER COSTS & NOTES
The following rates for optional items that we book for you are valid if you pay in cash, and reflect 10% off the full rates that apply when paying by card or Paypal.
BARCELONA OTHER COSTS
- Entry fee for Sagrada Familia, (pre-purchased), 30 Euro pp for adults; 26 Euro pp for youths 11-18 and seniors; children under 11, free.
Look for other excursions in and around Barcelona
Otherwise you can search:ALPHABETICALLY BY PORT
BY AREA OF INTEREST
BY GEOGRAPHIC AREA
- Etna & Taormina from Catania-Taormina (opt. winery)
- Etna & Taormina with private guide from Catania-Taormina (opt. winery)
- Syracuse & Taormina or Noto
- Syracuse & Taormina or Noto with private guide all day
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Catania-Taormina
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Catania-Taormina with private guide
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Catania-Taormina
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Catania-Taormina with private guide
- Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from La Spezia
- Easy Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Florence & Pisa from La Spezia
- Florence from La Spezia
- Lucca & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from La Spezia
- Portofino & Portovenere from La Spezia
- Authentic Tuscany (countryside, villages, artisan cheese & pasta)
- Chianti Winery Tour & Tasting
- Chianti’s Charming Villages
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from Livorno
- Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Cooking Class in Tuscany
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from Livorno
- Easy Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Florence & Lucca
- Florence & Pisa from Livorno
- Florence & Pisa plus a taste of Chianti
- Florence & San Gimignano
- Florence & The Mall
- Florence for Kids & Pisa
- Jewish Treasures of Tuscany from Livorno
- Lucca & Pisa (7 hrs)
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from Livorno
- Lucca & San Gimignano or Volterra + optional winery
- San Gimignano & Volterra + optional winery
- San Gimignano, Siena & Monteriggioni Castle
- Volterra (5-7 hrs)
- Volterra & Pisa + optional winery
- Volterra, Bolgheri & the Super Tuscan wine region
- Etna & Taormina from Messina (opt. winery)
- Etna & Taormina with private guide from Messina (opt. winery)
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Messina
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Messina with private guide
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Messina
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Messina with private guide