4-hr “hybrid” walking tour: Best of Barcelona
Sagrada Familia, Gaudì buildings on the Paseo de Gracia, highlights of the Gothic quarter.
We call the service a “hybrid” walking tour because the sites are rather spread out, so getting from one to the other will be done with public transportation (typically taxi or metro). Your guide will explain the options and costs.
The start time is flexible.
La Sagrada Familia
Sure to surprise you with its particular beauty inside and out, the church is yet unfinished and still under construction. Gaudì’s best-known work is a must-see for any visit to Barcelona. Even if you don’t care much for churches or have seen many others, you might want to make an exception to go inside this one; we bet you’ll agree that it’s unlike anything you have seen before. Note that going into the church is optional.
Paseo de Gracia
One of the first avenues built during the city’s 19th century expansion, Paseo de Gracia is home to two of Gaudi’s most notable works: La Pedrera and Casa Batlo. Even though we will view the houses only from the outside they are a great introduction to Gaudì’s unique approach and style that are so closely tied to the history of Barcelona.
The Gothic Quarter
We’ll take a quick look at Barcelona’s beautiful Old Town. Here the magnificent gothic cathedral and church of Santa Maria del Mar stand in contrast to the modern hustle and bustle along the Ramblas.
DURATION: 4 hrs
OTHER COSTS & NOTES
The following rates for optional items that we book for you are valid if you pay in cash, and reflect 10% off the full rates that apply when paying by card or Paypal.
BARCELONA OTHER COSTS
- Entry fee for Sagrada Familia, (pre-purchased), 30 Euro pp for adults, 25 Euro pp for youths 11-18 and seniors.
Look for other excursions in and around Barcelona
Otherwise you can search:ALPHABETICALLY BY PORT
BY AREA OF INTEREST
BY GEOGRAPHIC AREA
- Authentic Tuscany (countryside, villages, artisan cheese & pasta)
- Chianti Winery Tour & Tasting
- Chianti’s Charming Villages
- Cinque Terre
- Cinque Terre & Pisa
- Cooking Class in Tuscany
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre)
- Easy Cinque Terre
- Florence & Lucca
- Florence & Pisa
- Florence & Pisa plus a taste of Chianti
- Florence & San Gimignano
- Florence & The Mall
- Florence for Kids & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa (7 hrs)
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo
- Lucca & San Gimignano or Volterra + optional winery
- Lucca half day (4 hrs)
- Pisa half day (4 hrs)
- San Gimignano & Siena
- San Gimignano & Volterra + optional winery
- Volterra (5-7 hrs)
- Volterra & Pisa + optional winery
- Volterra, Bolgheri & the Super Tuscan wine region