Pompei & Positano
See the ancient Roman world frozen in time, then feast your eyes on the spectacular Amalfi coast!
A NOTE ABOUT DRIVING TIMES
Without traffic delays about 3 hours in total. Naples-Positano, 1.5 hrs. Positano-Pompei, 1 hr. Pompei-Naples, 30 min.
Pompei & Positano is a good choice if you want to see the Amalfi coast with the least amount of driving. Positano offers many different things to the visitor — everything from upscale shopping and art galleries to water sports and beaches. The seaside promenade is lovely place to stroll or have lunch on a sunny terrace.
If you dock early enough we recommend a 7:30 start to get ahead of traffic. Our signature itinerary is as follows:
- 07.30 pickup at the ship
- 07.30-09.00 drive to Positano
- 09.00-13.00 Positano
- 13.00-14.00 drive to Pompei
- 14.00-16.00 Pompei
- 16.00-16.30 drive back to port
Along the Amalfi coast a picture postcard comes to life as the vast expanse of the blue sea gives way to the craggy coast, dotted with outcroppings of rock, lush vegetation and colourful villages. In Positano you’ll feel like a jetsetter, surrounded by the elegance of designer shops and seaside cafés. Be sure to sample some limoncello, a tangy liqueur made from the celebrated local lemons.
Experience life as it was in 79 AD, when Mt. Vesuvius erupted and froze the village of Pompei and its inhabitants in time. You will have a couple of hours to explore the excavations. A local guide is recommended to get the most out of your visit. See the Other Costs & Notes section for details.
DURATION: 9 hrs
OTHER COSTS & NOTES
The following rates for optional items that we book for you are valid if you pay in cash, and reflect 10% off the full rates that apply when paying by card or Paypal.
POMPEI OTHER COSTS
- Pompei ruins (open daily) 13 Euro per person, paid directly to the admission desk at time of entry (no need to pre-book)
- Local guide for 2 hours at Pompei (recommended), 130 Euro
- CHURCH DRESS CODE
Proper attire is required to enter churches (bare shoulders must be covered and shorts/skirts must come down to your knees).
look for other excursions from Naples or Sorrento
Otherwise you can search:ALPHABETICALLY BY PORT
BY AREA OF INTEREST
BY GEOGRAPHIC AREA
- Chianti Winery Tour & Tasting
- Chianti’s Charming Villages
- Cinque Terre
- Cinque Terre & Pisa
- Cooking Class in Tuscany
- Easy Cinque Terre
- Florence & Lucca
- Florence & Pisa
- Florence & Pisa plus a taste of Chianti
- Florence & San Gimignano
- Florence & The Mall
- Florence for Kids & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa (7 hrs)
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo
- Lucca & San Gimignano or Volterra + optional winery
- Lucca half day (4 hrs)
- Pisa half day (4 hrs)
- San Gimignano & Siena
- San Gimignano & Volterra + optional winery
- Volterra (5-7 hrs)
- Volterra & Pisa + optional winery
- Volterra, Bolgheri & the Super Tuscan wine region