Cooking Class in Tuscany
Discover the culinary heritage of Tuscany in a private cooking lesson at the property of your choice: historic noble property in Chianti, rustic Tuscan farmhouse in San Gimignano, or elegant villa in the heart of Lucca.
A NOTE ABOUT DRIVING TIMES
Driving times vary quite a bit, depending on which location you choose. See each location’s description for driving times.
Learn about the Tuscan culinary tradition passed on from generation to generation. The essence of cooking in Italy has always been “Kilometer Zero” — cooking with what the land gives us, season by season. Using fresh, local ingredients you’ll prepare a meal and then (the best part) you’ll sit down to eat it!
Whether you prefer the countryside or the cosmopolitan, we’ve got you covered! The settings vary from a historic noble property in Chianti to a classic Tuscan farmhouse in San Gimignano to an elegant villa in the heart of Lucca.
All classes are private.
DETAILS: COOKING CLASS IN TUSCANY from Livorno
at Villa Casagrande
- This is pretty much a whole-day experience. The class lasts 3.5 hrs, followed by lunch featuring the estate’s own wines.
- The villa is located about 90 minutes from Livorno. On the way back to port we’ll take a drive through the spectacular Chianti countryside (2 hr trip back).
Enjoy the surroundings of a beautiful and historic noble property with a formal Italian garden as you learn to prepare classic Tuscan dishes. Choose from a pasta-making class or a complete Tuscan menu.
- “Hands in the Dough”
focaccia, gnocchi with pesto, pizza, almond bisquits
- “Tuscan Menu”
appetizers, lasagne with meat sauce and bechamel, Tiramisù
- 75 Euro pp (min 4 persons, max 12)
- 115 Euro pp (min 4 persons, max 12)
OUTSIDE SAN GIMIGNANO
at Podere La Marronaia winery
- The cooking and eating lasts about 3 hours total. A sampling of local cured meats and cheeses accompanies the meal, in addition to a guided tasting of the estate’s wines and olive oil.
- Driving time from Livorno is about 90 minutes.
Podere La Marronaia is located in the rolling Tuscan countryside outside of San Gimignano. After lunch (assuming you don’t dawdle too long over the food and wine) you’ll have time to visit San Gimignano and be enchanted by its Medieval towers and glorious views. (Shoppers will perhaps be more enchanted by the amazing boutiques.)
- Tuscan Cooking Class
bruschette, pici (thick Tuscan spaghetti) or gnocchi, biscotti or torta margherita
- Pizza & Gelato
- 115 Euro pp (min 2 persons, max 12)
- 115 Euro pp (min 2 persons, max 12)
- Pasta Lovers Cooking Class
pici (thick Tuscan spaghetti), tagliatelle and gnocchi with sauces
- 155 Euro pp (min 2 persons, max 12)
- The lesson and lunch with wine lasts about 3 hours.
- This location is ideal for those who don’t want to spend a lot of time driving. Lucca, besides being an extremely beautiful Renaissance city to compare with Florence, is only a 40 minute drive from Livorno.
The lesson takes place at a professional cooking school housed in an elegant villa right in the town centre, so after lunch you’ll be able to walk out the door and have Lucca at your feet.
- 3-Course Classic Tuscan Menu
- Fresh Pasta & Seasonal Sauce
- 115 Euro pp, 2-4 persons
- 95 Euro pp, 4+ persons
- 85 Euro pp, 2-4 persons
- 75 Euro pp, 4+ persons
COOKING CLASS IN TUSCANY from Livorno
DURATION: up to 9 hrs
The cost of the cooking class is in addition to the above rates. The stated cooking class prices are valid if you pay in cash, and reflect 10% off the full rates that apply when paying by card or Paypal.
look for other excursions from Livorno
Otherwise you can search:ALPHABETICALLY BY PORT
BY AREA OF INTEREST
BY GEOGRAPHIC AREA
- Etna & Taormina from Catania-Taormina (opt. winery)
- Etna & Taormina with private guide from Catania-Taormina (opt. winery)
- Syracuse & Taormina or Noto
- Syracuse & Taormina or Noto with private guide all day
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Catania-Taormina
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Catania-Taormina with private guide
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Catania-Taormina
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Catania-Taormina with private guide
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from La Spezia
- Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from La Spezia
- Easy Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Florence & Pisa from La Spezia
- Florence from La Spezia
- Lucca & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from La Spezia
- Lucca, Pisa & the Grotta del Vento
- Portofino & Portovenere from La Spezia
- Authentic Tuscany (countryside, villages, artisan cheese & pasta)
- Chianti Winery Tour & Tasting
- Chianti’s Charming Villages
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from Livorno
- Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Cooking Class in Tuscany
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from Livorno
- Easy Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Florence & Lucca
- Florence & Pisa from Livorno
- Florence & Pisa plus a taste of Chianti
- Florence & San Gimignano
- Florence & The Mall
- Florence for Kids & Pisa
- Jewish Treasures of Tuscany from Livorno
- Lucca & Pisa (7 hrs)
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from Livorno
- Lucca & San Gimignano or Volterra + optional winery
- Lucca half day (4 hrs)
- Pisa half day (4 hrs)
- San Gimignano & Volterra + optional winery
- San Gimignano, Siena & Monteriggioni Castle
- Volterra (5-7 hrs)
- Volterra & Pisa + optional winery
- Volterra, Bolgheri & the Super Tuscan wine region
- Etna & Taormina from Messina (opt. winery)
- Etna & Taormina with private guide from Messina (opt. winery)
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Messina
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Messina with private guide
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Messina
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Messina with private guide