Rome & Vatican City
Let the history of the greatest empire of the ancient world unfold as we take you through The Eternal City of Rome and the Vatican!!
A NOTE ABOUT DRIVING TIMES
Civitavecchia-Rome, 80-90 min
Our car & driver service is the most efficient way to visit Rome and Vatican City with the least wear and tear on your feet. With our vans and sedans we can cover a lot of ground and get you up close to all the popular sights.
Our signature service includes all the highlights of Rome and Vatican City:
- Colosseum (from the outside; going inside is optional; see Other Costs & Notes section for prices)
- Piazza Venezia/Victorio Emanuel monument
- Campidoglio/overview of the Roman Forum
- Palatine Hill, Circus Maximus
- Spanish Steps
- Trevi fountain
- St. Peter’s square (you can go into the basilica if you like but security lines can be very long)
- Vatican museums (optional – takes 2 hours, see Other Costs & Notes section for prices)
The expansive Vatican Museums, housing many galleries but best known for Michelangelo’s masterpieces in the Sistine Chapel, can be visited for an additional fee (must be pre-booked). Note that it takes about 2 hours to get through the museums to finally arrive at the Sistine Chapel, and a local guide is a recommended option (must be arranged in advance).
▶︎ The Museums are closed on Sunday, except the last Sunday of the month.
If spending a lot of time in museums doesn’t interest you, remember that St. Peter’s basilica — the largest church in Christendom — is home to many exquisite works of art, including Michelangelo’s moving sculpture, the Pietà.
▶︎ St. Peter’s is open on Sunday but entrance may be restricted during mass and getting through security will take longer than usual.
Although we will take you with the vehicle from zone to zone throughout the city (a real blessing in summer heat), you will want to climb the steps of the Capitoline hill and enjoy a beautiful view of the Roman Forum, where you can ponder the glory days of Rome while identifying the ruins.
At Trevi Fountain, lovers of classic movies will have flashbacks of Anita Ekberg in La Dolce Vita. Lovers of the Baroque style will be in heaven.
Whether you go in or not, gaze upon the Colosseum and imagine 50,000 spectators, the exotic animals, and the brutal Gladiator battles that entertained the Roman public at the end of the 1st Century.
At the Pantheon, you will marvel at how they built this amazing structure with its massive dome 2,000 years ago. As with so many of the monuments in Rome, it is an architectural testament to the brilliance of humankind… and the backbreaking work of slaves.
DURATION: 9 hrs
OTHER COSTS & NOTES
The following rates for optional items that we book for you are valid if you pay in cash, and reflect 10% off the full rates that apply when paying by card or Paypal.
- ROME OTHER COSTS
- 1-5 persons: 2 hours, 140 Euro
- 6 persons or more: 3 hours, 210 Euro plus headsets, 4 Euro pp
- Vatican museums (closed SUNDAYS) 26 Euro per adult, 20 Euro for youths age 6-17 and students age 18-24 with school ID, children under 6 free
- Colosseum (open daily) 20 Euro per adult, 5 Euro for youths under 18
Local guide at the Vatican museums
The price of pre-booked tickets is subject to change (due to increases implemented by the issuing organization and not having to do with us).
- CHURCH DRESS CODE
Proper attire is required to enter churches (bare shoulders must be covered and shorts/skirts must come down to your knees).
look for other excursions from Civitavecchia
Otherwise you can search:ALPHABETICALLY BY PORT
BY AREA OF INTEREST
BY GEOGRAPHIC AREA
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from La Spezia
- Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from La Spezia
- Easy Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Florence & Pisa from La Spezia
- Lucca & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from La Spezia
- Lucca, Pisa & the Grotta del Vento
- Portofino & Portovenere from La Spezia
- Authentic Tuscany (countryside, villages, artisan cheese & pasta)
- Chianti Winery Tour & Tasting
- Chianti’s Charming Villages
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from Livorno
- Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Cooking Class in Tuscany
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from Livorno
- Easy Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Florence & Lucca
- Florence & Pisa from Livorno
- Florence & Pisa plus a taste of Chianti
- Florence & San Gimignano
- Florence & The Mall
- Florence for Kids & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa (7 hrs)
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from Livorno
- Lucca & San Gimignano or Volterra + optional winery
- Lucca half day (4 hrs)
- Pisa half day (4 hrs)
- San Gimignano & Volterra + optional winery
- San Gimignano, Siena & Monteriggioni Castle
- Volterra (5-7 hrs)
- Volterra & Pisa + optional winery
- Volterra, Bolgheri & the Super Tuscan wine region