Acropolis & the New Acropolis Museum (5 hrs)
Ideal for the first-time visitor looking for a short service and an introduction to one of the greatest cities of the ancient world.
A NOTE ABOUT DRIVING TIMES
Minimal. The drive from to Athens from port takes about a half hour.
After a quick look at some highlights of Athens by car we’ll stop at the New Acropolis Museum, followed by the Acropolis itself.
On our panoramic drive around Athens you’ll see the Olympic Stadium where the first modern Olympic Games were held in 1896, as well as the stately Parliament Building on Syntagma (Constitution) Square and the Monument to the Unknown Soldier guarded by the “evzones” in their distinctive uniforms.
The New Acropolis museum is a brilliantly conceived and stunning exhibition of sculptures, artifacts and architectural elements taken from the Acropolis. Even if you are not a “museum person” we recommend it, especially with a guide; it illuminates everything seen on the Acropolis and the history of Greece as a whole.
When you stand on the sacred rock of the Acropolis you will surely feel that you can paint with all the colors of the wind! In this ancient place something magical envelopes you. As you stand in the shadow of the Parthenon wondering, "How in the world did they build this thing?" you will at the same time realize why they chose this place as a spiritual center. Gazing at the city of Athens below you with the constant breeze around you, don't be surprised by the sensation of never wanting to come down from the mountain. Among the monuments on the Acropolis the Parthenon is the most recognizable symbol of the glory of ancient Greece. Originally a temple to Athena Parthenos (Athena the Virgin) its role has changed many times since its construction in the 5th century B.C. You'll be amazed by its sheer scale and beauty, which endures in a moving way, even after 2500 years. For more information on the Acropolis and its monuments, please click here. NOTE: There are a great many steps to climb at the Acropolis.
DURATION: 5 hrs
Groups of more than 8 persons: This service can be carried out in a minibus, and it’s quite economical. Please write to us for rates.
* 3-4 pax in a sedan, 280 Euro. 3-4 pax in a minivan, 340 Euro.
The following rates for optional items that we book for you are valid if you pay in cash, and reflect 10% off the full rates that apply when paying by card or Paypal.
- ATHENS OTHER COSTS
- 5 hours, 230 Euro*
- Full day (7-9 hrs), 280 Euro*
- Headsets (at your discretion), 6 Euro pp
- Acropolis: Adults 18 and over, 25 Euro pp; non-EU students 18 and over with school ID, 13 Euro pp; youths 17 and under WITH PROOF OF AGE and EU students 18 and over with school ID, free
- New Acropolis Museum: Adults 18 and over, 13 Euro pp; non-EU youths age 5-17, 8 Euro pp; children 4 and under, EU youths 5-18 with proof of age/citizenship, EU students 18 and over with school ID, free
*If the tour falls on a Sunday or Bank Holiday a supplement of 140 Euro per guide applies.
The price of pre-booked tickets is subject to change (due to increases implemented by the issuing organization and not having to do with us).
Look for other excursions from Piraeus
Otherwise you can search:ALPHABETICALLY BY PORT
BY AREA OF INTEREST
BY GEOGRAPHIC AREA
- Etna & Taormina from Catania-Taormina (opt. winery)
- Etna & Taormina with private guide from Catania-Taormina (opt. winery)
- Syracuse & Taormina or Noto
- Syracuse & Taormina or Noto with private guide all day
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Catania-Taormina
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Catania-Taormina with private guide
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Catania-Taormina
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Catania-Taormina with private guide
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from La Spezia
- Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from La Spezia
- Easy Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Florence & Pisa from La Spezia
- Florence from La Spezia
- Lucca & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from La Spezia
- Lucca, Pisa & the Grotta del Vento
- Portofino & Portovenere from La Spezia
- Authentic Tuscany (countryside, villages, artisan cheese & pasta)
- Chianti Winery Tour & Tasting
- Chianti’s Charming Villages
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from Livorno
- Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Cooking Class in Tuscany
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from Livorno
- Easy Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Florence & Lucca
- Florence & Pisa from Livorno
- Florence & Pisa plus a taste of Chianti
- Florence & San Gimignano
- Florence & The Mall
- Florence for Kids & Pisa
- Jewish Treasures of Tuscany from Livorno
- Lucca & Pisa (7 hrs)
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from Livorno
- Lucca & San Gimignano or Volterra + optional winery
- Lucca half day (4 hrs)
- Pisa half day (4 hrs)
- San Gimignano & Volterra + optional winery
- San Gimignano, Siena & Monteriggioni Castle
- Volterra (5-7 hrs)
- Volterra & Pisa + optional winery
- Volterra, Bolgheri & the Super Tuscan wine region
- Etna & Taormina from Messina (opt. winery)
- Etna & Taormina with private guide from Messina (opt. winery)
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Messina
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Messina with private guide
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Messina
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Messina with private guide