Cannes, Antibes & Grasse
The sophistication of Cannes, the quaintness of Antibes, and the perfume capital of the world.
A NOTE ABOUT DRIVING TIMES
Distances in this part of France are reasonable; figure 90 minutes of driving time with no traffic. In summer travel times will be slightly longer.
DETAILS: CANNES, ANTIBES & GRASSE from Cannes or Antibes
When most of us think of Cannes the first thing that comes to mind is the annual film festival, but Cannes holds many more things to entertain the visitor.
Now associated with the rich and famous, Cannes has come a long way since its origins as a fishing village and Roman outpost, but evidence of its ancient past can still be seen in the original neighbourhood of Le Suquet. As you climb the narrow streets and winding staircases you'll know you're in the old heart of the city. It's also a great place to enjoy birds-eye views of Cannes and the port stretching out before you.
Shoppers and wannabe-jetsetters will want to stroll amongst the palm trees in Le Croisette, where the palm trees, palaces and luxury boutiques are a testament to the sophisticated destination that Cannes has become. If your tastes lean more toward the tastes of the earth, a visit to Forville market will take you on a delicious journey through the products and atmosphere of Provence.
Once a quiet haven that attracted artists such as Picasso and Nicolas de Staël, Antibes is a lively resort town on the French Riviera. Nowadays it's hard imagine it as a Medieval feudal town that the Pope used as collateral on a loan he couldn't repay. After passing into the hands of the future ruling family of Monaco in 1384 it became the easternmost port of the Kingdom of France, where its important position resulted in the construction of fortifications that became Fort Carré, which is still in good condition.
Antibes is very pretty and very pleasant to stroll, with stunning views up and down the coast. Every day but Monday you can browse the Provençal market with its impressive selection of local cheeses, produce, seafood and meats. In local galleries you will find original works of art featuring paintings of local scenes.
Grasse, the perfume capital of the world, is embedded in the lush hlll country north of Cannes, offering the visitor a stunning view over the Mediterranean. All year round there is a scent of perfume in the air. You will have the chance to visit one of the oldest perfume factories in the region.
CANNES, ANTIBES & GRASSE from Cannes or Antibes
DURATION: 8 hrs
look for other excursions from Cannes or Antibes
Otherwise you can search:ALPHABETICALLY BY PORT
BY AREA OF INTEREST
BY GEOGRAPHIC AREA
- Etna & Taormina from Catania-Taormina (opt. winery)
- Etna & Taormina with private guide from Catania-Taormina (opt. winery)
- Syracuse & Taormina or Noto
- Syracuse & Taormina or Noto with private guide all day
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Catania-Taormina
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Catania-Taormina with private guide
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Catania-Taormina
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Catania-Taormina with private guide
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from La Spezia
- Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from La Spezia
- Easy Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Florence & Pisa from La Spezia
- Florence from La Spezia
- Lucca & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from La Spezia
- Portofino & Portovenere from La Spezia
- Authentic Tuscany (countryside, villages, artisan cheese & pasta)
- Chianti Winery Tour & Tasting
- Chianti’s Charming Villages
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from Livorno
- Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Cooking Class in Tuscany
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from Livorno
- Easy Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Florence & Lucca
- Florence & Pisa from Livorno
- Florence & Pisa plus a taste of Chianti
- Florence & San Gimignano
- Florence & The Mall
- Florence for Kids & Pisa
- Jewish Treasures of Tuscany from Livorno
- Lucca & Pisa (7 hrs)
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from Livorno
- Lucca & San Gimignano or Volterra + optional winery
- Lucca half day (4 hrs)
- San Gimignano & Volterra + optional winery
- San Gimignano, Siena & Monteriggioni Castle
- Volterra (5-7 hrs)
- Volterra & Pisa + optional winery
- Volterra, Bolgheri & the Super Tuscan wine region
- Etna & Taormina from Messina (opt. winery)
- Etna & Taormina with private guide from Messina (opt. winery)
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Messina
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Messina with private guide
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Messina
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Messina with private guide