Classic Highlights of Florence 3-hr walking tour
See all the most popular highlights of Florence on this walking tour with your own private local guide.
If it’s your first time in Florence, this tour is an ideal way to get acquainted with the city.
- Piazza San Marco
- Accademia gallery (optional)
- Piazza del Duomo (cathedral, baptistery, bell tower)
- Piazza della Signoria, Palazzo Vecchio
- Ponte Vecchio, Porcellino Market
- Piazza della Repubblica
▶︎ Crazy about art? We can include both the Accademia & Uffizi galleries on this tour, in which case it becomes “Florence Immersion” and lasts 4.5 hrs.
CLASSIC HIGHLIGHTS OF FLORENCE 3-hr walking tour
Our tour begins in Piazza San Marco, where we find the church and convent reconstructed by Cosimo il Vecchio, founder of the legendary Medici family that launched the Renaissance. Nearby is the famous garden of the art school sponsored by the Medici, where a young Michelangelo commenced his early studies.
If you have opted to enter the Accademia gallery we’ll enter now, to view Michelangelo’s magnificent sculpture of David and the fascinating Prisoners in the corridor leading up to the beloved masterpiece.
Just a few steps away is Piazza del Duomo where you’ll be welcomed by the iconic monuments of the city: the baptistery of San Giovanni, patron saint of the city, Giotto’s bell tower, and the fabulous Duomo — the cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore — crowned with its unmistakable brick dome.
As we stroll through the streets of Florence, paved in stone and lined with graceful buildings and churches, you may feel like you’re in a movie from times gone by, especially when get to Piazza della Signoria. Dominated by Medieval Palazzo Vecchio, this bustling piazza is the political centre of the Florence, and hosts many fine Renaissance sculptures in the loggia (which is open to the public and even free of charge!)
After strolling through the courtyard of the Uffizi gallery we’ll arrive at Ponte Vecchio, the oldest bridge in the city, and certainly the most photographed.
Our tour concludes in Piazza della Repubblica, ancient heart of the city that was once the site of the Roman forum.
If you like, and depending on the hour, your guide can suggest a good, genuine trattoria (not a tourist trap) where you can enjoy some typical Florentine dishes at a fair price.
CLASSIC HIGHLIGHTS OF FLORENCE
DURATION: 3 hrs
DURATION: 4.5 hrs
A supplement of 95 Euro applies to the rates below.
OTHER COSTS & NOTES
The following rates for optional items that we book for you are valid if you pay in cash, and reflect 10% off the full rates that apply when paying by card or Paypal.
- FLORENCE OTHER COSTS
- Accademia gallery* (closed MONDAYS) 20 Euro per adult, 4 Euro for youths age 6-17, children under 6 free
- Uffizi gallery* (closed MONDAYS) 28 Euro per adult, 4 Euro for youths age 6-17, children under 6 free
- All-inclusive tickets for cathedral/cupola climb/baptistery/belltower climb and the Museo dell'Opera del Duomo (closed the FIRST TUESDAY of every month), 24 Euro pp for those over the age of 11, 5 Euro for children age 6-11, children under 6 free
The price of pre-booked tickets is subject to change (due to increases implemented by the issuing organization and not having to do with us).
* Groups of 7 or more persons going into the Accademia or Uffizi gallery with a guide require headsets, 4 Euro per person
- CHURCH DRESS CODE
Proper attire is required to enter churches (bare shoulders must be covered and shorts/skirts must come down to your knees).
look for other walking tours in Florence
Otherwise you can search:ALPHABETICALLY BY PORT
BY AREA OF INTEREST
BY GEOGRAPHIC AREA
- Etna & Taormina from Catania-Taormina (opt. winery)
- Etna & Taormina with private guide from Catania-Taormina (opt. winery)
- Syracuse & Taormina or Noto
- Syracuse & Taormina or Noto with private guide all day
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Catania-Taormina
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Catania-Taormina with private guide
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Catania-Taormina
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Catania-Taormina with private guide
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from La Spezia
- Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from La Spezia
- Easy Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Florence & Pisa from La Spezia
- Florence from La Spezia
- Lucca & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from La Spezia
- Lucca, Pisa & the Grotta del Vento
- Portofino & Portovenere from La Spezia
- Authentic Tuscany (countryside, villages, artisan cheese & pasta)
- Chianti Winery Tour & Tasting
- Chianti’s Charming Villages
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from Livorno
- Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Cooking Class in Tuscany
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from Livorno
- Easy Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Florence & Lucca
- Florence & Pisa from Livorno
- Florence & Pisa plus a taste of Chianti
- Florence & San Gimignano
- Florence & The Mall
- Florence for Kids & Pisa
- Jewish Treasures of Tuscany from Livorno
- Lucca & Pisa (7 hrs)
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from Livorno
- Lucca & San Gimignano or Volterra + optional winery
- Lucca half day (4 hrs)
- Pisa half day (4 hrs)
- San Gimignano & Volterra + optional winery
- San Gimignano, Siena & Monteriggioni Castle
- Volterra (5-7 hrs)
- Volterra & Pisa + optional winery
- Volterra, Bolgheri & the Super Tuscan wine region
- Etna & Taormina from Messina (opt. winery)
- Etna & Taormina with private guide from Messina (opt. winery)
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Messina
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Messina with private guide
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Messina
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Messina with private guide