Florence for Kids walking tour
A kid-friendly adventure on foot through the Renaissance city. Great for adults, too.
DETAILS: FLORENCE FOR KIDS WALKING TOUR
Our kid-friendly itinerary covers the history of the city and its most important monuments. Children (and their adult companions) will learn about architecture from Medieval towers to Renaissance Palaces in a fun, hands-on way.
The agenda includes:
Palazzo Davanzati is an ancient palace with original decorations from the XIV century. Here we can feel with our own hands how old the city is!
We will play a game to recognize towers from the XI to the XIII centuries.
It looks like a street but indeed it’s a bridge on the river Arno, one of the greatest symbols of the city.
PIAZZA DELLA SIGNORIA
The political centre of the city is an open-air museum with a lot of beautiful statues all around. Here stands an enormous building that looks as a castle; it is called Palazzo Vecchio — the Old Palace.
We will talk about the origins of the modern Italian language and literature in the place where it began.
THE CATHEDRAL OF SANTA MARIA DEL FIORE AND BRUNELLESCHI’S DOME
Hear why the dome of the cathedral is a real standing miracle, and one of the best symbols of the Renaissance.
A beautiful example of a Renaissance palace, Palazzo Medici-Riccardi was the home of Lorenzo the Magnificent and the palace where Michelangelo was invited to live for few years.
optional; requires an extra hour
See Michelangelo’s most famous work: David, with his slingshot draped over his shoulder as he contemplates his encounter with Goliath.
As we go down the corridor towards David we’ll pass some unusual works by Michelangelo: The Prisoners. Did Michelangelo mean to leave them like this? Are they finished or not? See if you can tell!
- ▶︎ The Accademia is an option that requires an additional hour with the guide; add 65 Euro to the prices in the Rate table.
FLORENCE FOR KIDS WALKING TOUR
DURATION: 3 hrs
With optional Accademia gallery, 4 hrs
OTHER COSTS & NOTES
The following rates for optional items that we book for you are valid if you pay in cash, and reflect 10% off the full rates that apply when paying by card or Paypal.
- FLORENCE OTHER COSTS
- Accademia gallery* (closed MONDAYS) 20 Euro per adult, 4 Euro for youths age 6-17, children under 6 free
- Uffizi gallery* (closed MONDAYS) 28 Euro per adult, 4 Euro for youths age 6-17, children under 6 free
- All-inclusive tickets for cathedral/cupola climb/baptistery/belltower climb and the Museo dell'Opera del Duomo (closed the FIRST TUESDAY of every month), 24 Euro pp for those over the age of 11, 5 Euro for children age 6-11, children under 6 free
The price of pre-booked tickets is subject to change (due to increases implemented by the issuing organization and not having to do with us).
* Groups of 7 or more persons going into the Accademia or Uffizi gallery with a guide require headsets, 4 Euro per person
- CHURCH DRESS CODE
Proper attire is required to enter churches (bare shoulders must be covered and shorts/skirts must come down to your knees).
look for other walking tours in Florence
Otherwise you can search:ALPHABETICALLY BY PORT
BY AREA OF INTEREST
BY GEOGRAPHIC AREA
- Etna & Taormina from Catania-Taormina (opt. winery)
- Etna & Taormina with private guide from Catania-Taormina (opt. winery)
- Syracuse & Taormina or Noto
- Syracuse & Taormina or Noto with private guide all day
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Catania-Taormina
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Catania-Taormina with private guide
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Catania-Taormina
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Catania-Taormina with private guide
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from La Spezia
- Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from La Spezia
- Easy Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Florence & Pisa from La Spezia
- Florence from La Spezia
- Lucca & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from La Spezia
- Lucca, Pisa & the Grotta del Vento
- Portofino & Portovenere from La Spezia
- Authentic Tuscany (countryside, villages, artisan cheese & pasta)
- Chianti Winery Tour & Tasting
- Chianti’s Charming Villages
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from Livorno
- Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Cooking Class in Tuscany
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from Livorno
- Easy Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Florence & Lucca
- Florence & Pisa from Livorno
- Florence & Pisa plus a taste of Chianti
- Florence & San Gimignano
- Florence & The Mall
- Florence for Kids & Pisa
- Jewish Treasures of Tuscany from Livorno
- Lucca & Pisa (7 hrs)
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from Livorno
- Lucca & San Gimignano or Volterra + optional winery
- Lucca half day (4 hrs)
- Pisa half day (4 hrs)
- San Gimignano & Volterra + optional winery
- San Gimignano, Siena & Monteriggioni Castle
- Volterra (5-7 hrs)
- Volterra & Pisa + optional winery
- Volterra, Bolgheri & the Super Tuscan wine region
- Etna & Taormina from Messina (opt. winery)
- Etna & Taormina with private guide from Messina (opt. winery)
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Messina
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Messina with private guide
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Messina
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Messina with private guide