Pompei, Sorrento & Positano
See the ancient Roman world frozen in time, browse chic boutiques and wander picturesque streets, then feast your eyes on the spectacular Amalfi coast!
A NOTE ABOUT DRIVING TIMES
About 4 hours in total. If you prefer more time enjoying a place and less time driving then we suggest visiting only two places.
Pompei, Sorrento & Positano is great if you want to see a little bit of everything. There’s quite a lot of driving involved, however, and you’ll only have time to touch on Sorrento & Positano.
If you dock early enough we recommend a 7:30 start. Our signature itinerary is as follows:
- 07.30 pickup at the ship
- 07.30-08.45 drive to Sorrento
- 08.45-09.30 Sorrento
- 09.30-10.45 drive to Positano, stopping along the way for pictures
- 10.45-11.30 Positano
- 11.30 go for lunch, if you like (not included in the rate)
- 13.00-14.00 drive to Pompei
- 14.00-16.00 Pompei
- 16.00-16.30 drive back to port
In the resort town of Sorrento you will discover a village brimming with character and overflowing with pretty streets and charming people. Here the ancient Greeks and Romans found inspiration for their art and industry, and it is here that you will find inspiration for the shopping spree of your dreams! Sorrento is known for its fine porcelain, woodworking, mosaics and furniture.
Along the Amalfi coast a picture postcard comes to life as the vast expanse of the blue sea gives way to the craggy coast, dotted with outcroppings of rock, lush vegetation and colourful villages. In Positano you’ll feel like a jetsetter, surrounded by the elegance of designer shops and seaside cafés. Be sure to sample some limoncello, a tangy liqueur made from the celebrated local lemons.
Experience life as it was in 79 AD, when Mt. Vesuvius erupted and froze the village of Pompei and its inhabitants in time. You will have a couple of hours to explore the excavations. A local guide is recommended to get the most out of your visit. See the Other Costs & Notes section for details.
DURATION: 9 hrs
OTHER COSTS & NOTES
The following rates for optional items that we book for you are valid if you pay in cash, and reflect 10% off the full rates that apply when paying by card or Paypal.
POMPEI OTHER COSTS
- Pompei ruins (open daily) 11 Euro per person, paid directly to the admission desk at time of entry (no need to pre-book)
- Local guide for 2 hours at Pompei (recommended), 130 Euro
- CHURCH DRESS CODE
Proper attire is required to enter churches (bare shoulders must be covered and shorts/skirts must come down to your knees).
look for other excursions from Naples or Sorrento
Otherwise you can search:ALPHABETICALLY BY PORT
BY AREA OF INTEREST
BY GEOGRAPHIC AREA
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from La Spezia
- Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from La Spezia
- Easy Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Florence & Pisa from La Spezia
- Lucca & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from La Spezia
- Lucca, Pisa & the Grotta del Vento
- Portofino & Portovenere from La Spezia
- Authentic Tuscany (countryside, villages, artisan cheese & pasta)
- Chianti Winery Tour & Tasting
- Chianti’s Charming Villages
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from Livorno
- Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Cooking Class in Tuscany
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from Livorno
- Easy Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Florence & Lucca
- Florence & Pisa from Livorno
- Florence & Pisa plus a taste of Chianti
- Florence & San Gimignano
- Florence & The Mall
- Florence for Kids & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa (7 hrs)
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from Livorno
- Lucca & San Gimignano or Volterra + optional winery
- Lucca half day (4 hrs)
- Pisa half day (4 hrs)
- San Gimignano & Volterra + optional winery
- San Gimignano, Siena & Monteriggioni Castle
- Volterra (5-7 hrs)
- Volterra & Pisa + optional winery
- Volterra, Bolgheri & the Super Tuscan wine region