Art, architecture, history. A photographer’s dream and a shopper’s paradise. No wonder it’s the most visited place in Tuscany!
A NOTE ABOUT DRIVING TIMES
Florence-Livorno, 75 min.
Our signature service to Florence is the best way to get the most out of your touring day. We’ll drive you right up to the doorstep of all the major highlights.
If you are wanting a relaxed-pace day, or have the intention of going into both the Accademia and Uffizi galleries, limiting the excursion to just Florence is a good idea.
In order to avoid rush hour traffic entering Florence an 8:30 start is best (even 9:00 if you have enough time in port).
After a pleasant drive along the highway and chatting about Tuscany, your driver-guide will give you basic information about the sights in Florence and the city’s past. If you like lots of details or want to be accompanied on foot you might want to consider a local guide. Details at the end, following the Rate table. We also offer kid-friendly itineraries with the local guide.
Order of the sights in Florence:
- Piazzale Michelangelo (photo stop for panoramic shots of the city)
- Santa Croce (when possible)
- Piazza del Duomo (cathedral, baptistery, bell tower)
- Piazza della Signoria, Palazzo Vecchio
- Porcellino Market, Ponte Vecchio
In addition to the major highlights we can include such things as the synagogue, Via Tornabuoni (for upscale shopping), San Lorenzo market, the Medici chapels, the central market, the Bargello gallery, etc. Customization should be requested in advance so your driver can be prepared.
On the way back to port we can take a wee drive through the Tuscan countryside, even stopping at a Chianti winery for a quick wine tasting if you like (10 Euro per person over 16; should be arranged in advance as space is limited).
DURATION: 7-9 hrs
- 7 hours is realistically the minimum amount of time needed for Florence, which would give you about 3.5 hours to cover the sights and have an hour for lunch. If you go into both the Accademia and Uffizi galleries figure on a full 9 hour day.
OTHER COSTS & NOTES
The following rates for optional items that we book for you are valid if you pay in cash, and reflect 10% off the full rates that apply when paying by card or Paypal.
- FLORENCE OTHER COSTS
- Classic highlights of Florence, 3 hours, 195 Euro
- Florence for Kids walking tour, 3 hours, 195 Euro
- Florence for Kids walking tour, 4 hours (required if you want to go into the Accademia gallery with the guide), 260 Euro
- Accademia gallery (closed MONDAYS) 20 Euro per adult, 4 Euro for youths age 6-17, children under 6 free
- Uffizi gallery (closed MONDAYS) 28 Euro per adult, 4 Euro for youths age 6-17, children under 6 free
- All-inclusive tickets for cathedral/cupola climb/baptistery/belltower climb and the Museo dell'Opera del Duomo (closed the FIRST TUESDAY of every month), 22 Euro pp for those over the age of 11, 5 Euro for children age 6-11, children under 6 free
Groups of 7 or more persons with a guide require headsets, 4 Euro per person
The price of pre-booked tickets is subject to change (due to increases implemented by the issuing organization and not having to do with us).
- CHURCH DRESS CODE
Proper attire is required to enter churches (bare shoulders must be covered and shorts/skirts must come down to your knees).
look for other excursions from Livorno
Otherwise you can search:ALPHABETICALLY BY PORT
BY AREA OF INTEREST
BY GEOGRAPHIC AREA
- Chianti Winery Tour & Tasting
- Chianti’s Charming Villages
- Cinque Terre
- Cinque Terre & Pisa
- Cooking Class in Tuscany
- Easy Cinque Terre
- Florence & Lucca
- Florence & Pisa
- Florence & Pisa plus a taste of Chianti
- Florence & San Gimignano
- Florence & The Mall
- Florence for Kids & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa (7 hrs)
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo
- Lucca & San Gimignano or Volterra + optional winery
- Lucca half day (4 hrs)
- Pisa half day (4 hrs)
- San Gimignano & Siena
- San Gimignano & Volterra + optional winery
- Volterra (5-7 hrs)
- Volterra & Pisa + optional winery
- Volterra, Bolgheri & the Super Tuscan wine region