St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat & Villa Rothschild (6 hrs)
Paradise on earth. No need to say more!
A NOTE ABOUT DRIVING TIMES
A mere 10 minutes from port.
DETAILS: ST-JEAN-CAP-FERRAT & VILLA ROTHSCHILD from Villefranche or Monaco
Whether you are interested in history and architecture or simply love beautiful surroundings, it doesn’t get much better than a day at Villa Rothschild.
After fetching you from the ship around 9:30 or 10am, we’ll take a panoramic drive along the gorgeous coast, giving you a chance to take some photos of Cap Ferrat from a distance.
Once at the villa, history lovers will be fascinated by the story of Beatrice Ephrussi de Rothschild, descendant of the legendary Rothschild family that arose from poverty in the Frankfurt Jewish ghetto to become one of the most powerful and wealthy families of modern times. Beatrice fell in love with Cap Ferrat in 1905 and she wasted no time buying the property and beginning the construction of her paradise on earth, a story that will interest old and young alike.
Beatrice inherited her father’s keen eye for beauty and art, as evidenced by the furnishings and decorations in the house as well as her stunning art collection that comprised more than 5,000 pieces when she bequeathed both the property and the collection to the Académie des Beaux-Arts in 1933.
You’ll have ample time to explore the villa and gardens, either on your own with an audio guide or accompanied by your driver-guide (who in France is also licensed as a local guide).
This service is well-suited to those who are looking for something that goes at a relaxed pace and isn’t physically tiring. Many clients like to take time for a leisurely lunch, which your driver-guide can help you with. There is a tea room on the estate, which is very pleasant place to stop for a refreshment or a meal.
ST-JEAN-CAP-FERRAT & VILLA ROTHSCHILD from Villefranche or Monaco
DURATION: 6 hrs
OTHER COSTS & NOTES
- VILLA ROTHSCHILD TOUR WITH AUDIOGUIDE
- Adults, 14 Euro pp
- Youths 7-17, 11 Euro pp
- Children under the age of 7 enter free of charge
- Disable patrons are entitled to free, priority access
- Family rate, 44 Euro (2 adults and 2 children 7-17 years old)
Entrance fees are payable directly to the admissions desk.
Feb-Jun daily 10.00-18.00
Jul-Aug daily 10.00-19.00
Nov-Jan M-F 14.00-18.00, weekends and holidays 10.00-18.00
Last admission 30 minutes before closing.
look for other excursions from Villefranche or Monaco
Otherwise you can search:ALPHABETICALLY BY PORT
BY AREA OF INTEREST
BY GEOGRAPHIC AREA
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from La Spezia
- Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from La Spezia
- Easy Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Florence & Pisa from La Spezia
- Lucca & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from La Spezia
- Lucca, Pisa & the Grotta del Vento
- Portofino & Portovenere from La Spezia
- Authentic Tuscany (countryside, villages, artisan cheese & pasta)
- Chianti Winery Tour & Tasting
- Chianti’s Charming Villages
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from Livorno
- Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Cooking Class in Tuscany
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from Livorno
- Easy Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Florence & Lucca
- Florence & Pisa from Livorno
- Florence & Pisa plus a taste of Chianti
- Florence & San Gimignano
- Florence & The Mall
- Florence for Kids & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa (7 hrs)
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from Livorno
- Lucca & San Gimignano or Volterra + optional winery
- Lucca half day (4 hrs)
- Pisa half day (4 hrs)
- San Gimignano & Volterra + optional winery
- San Gimignano, Siena & Monteriggioni Castle
- Volterra (5-7 hrs)
- Volterra & Pisa + optional winery
- Volterra, Bolgheri & the Super Tuscan wine region