Nuraghe & Wild Horses
Step into another world and another time.
Nuraghe are fascinating megalithic structures (built of giant stones without mortar) constructed by the Nuragic peoples of Sardinia thousands of years before Christ. We’ll visit Su Nuraxi, a 3500-year-old nuraghe at Barumini, a UNESCO heritage site and one of the most visited sites in Sardinia. Your tour guide will take you on a 60-minute guided tour of the archeological area.
Have a look at this beautiful video for a better understanding of what the Nuraghe are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUxUbqEgFDU
After Barumini we will visit a prehistoric Domus de Janas — a chamber tomb carved from the rock — before climbing (with the vehicle) to the plateaus of Giara di Gesturi. Here you’ll get fantastic panoramic views of the area and an up-close look at the amazing aspects of this nature reserve, which include the little wild horses that (according to legend) are descendants of the horses brought to Sardinia by the Phoenicians 2500 years ago.
If time remains, we’ll head back to Cagliari to see a few highlights of the city before returning to port.
DURATION: 8 hrs
Otherwise you can search:ALPHABETICALLY BY PORT
BY AREA OF INTEREST
BY GEOGRAPHIC AREA
- Chianti Winery Tour & Tasting
- Chianti’s Charming Villages
- Cinque Terre
- Cinque Terre & Pisa
- Cooking Class in Tuscany
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre)
- Easy Cinque Terre
- Florence & Lucca
- Florence & Pisa
- Florence & Pisa plus a taste of Chianti
- Florence & San Gimignano
- Florence & The Mall
- Florence for Kids & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa (7 hrs)
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo
- Lucca & San Gimignano or Volterra + optional winery
- Lucca half day (4 hrs)
- Pisa half day (4 hrs)
- San Gimignano & Siena
- San Gimignano & Volterra + optional winery
- Volterra (5-7 hrs)
- Volterra & Pisa + optional winery
- Volterra, Bolgheri & the Super Tuscan wine region