Florence & Pisa plus a taste of Chianti
Florence & Pisa — the most popular destinations from Livorno, plus the Tuscan countryside and a wine tasting in Chianti!
A NOTE ABOUT DRIVING TIMES
From the port of Livorno driving times are reasonable: Livorno-Pisa, 25-30 min; Pisa-Florence, 75 min; Florence-winery, 30 min; winery-Livorno, 60 min.
Our signature service to Florence, Pisa and Chianti is the best way to get the most out of your touring day. We’ll drive you right up to the doorstep of all the major highlights. At the end of the day we’ll take a pleasant, 25-minute drive through the Chianti countryside and stop for a little wine and relaxation (clients frequently say this is the best part of the day).
The typical schedule is*:
- 8:00am pick up at the ship
- 8:30am Pisa
- 9:15am depart Pisa
- 10:30am arrive Florence
- 2:00pm Accademia gallery (if opted for)
- 2:45pm depart Florence
- 3:15pm winery
- 4:00pm leave the winery
- 5:00pm back at port
*Note that this itinerary for Florence, Pisa & a taste of Chianti is for illustrative purposes only; reality may vary based on many factors.
DETAILS: FLORENCE & PISA PLUS A TASTE OF CHIANTI from Livorno
We prefer to stop in Pisa first, when the Field of Miracles is empty. Going to Pisa first also serves to avoid rush hour traffic entering Florence.
On Pisa's “Campo dei Miracoli” you will find not only the world’s most famous bell tower but also the cathedral, baptistery and cemetery, which are all remarkable monuments.
Although our visit of Pisa is brief, there is time to climb the Leaning Tower; it only takes 15 minutes. We can pre-book tickets for you (see the bottom of the page for costs). You'll still have time to see how many creative shots you can get of your group "holding up" the Leaning Tower.
- The Tower climb is OPTIONAL for an additional fee and must be pre-booked. Children under 8 not permitted to climb.
- If you'd like to enter the baptistery (acoustics demonstration on the hour and half hour) or campo santo, tickets should be booked in advance.
- The Pisa cathedral does not open til 10am. We don't recommend going inside but if it's imperative you should let us know in advance. (Note that in some cases it might not be possible to modify the schedule to accommodate this.)
After about a 75 minute drive from Pisa we’ll be in Florence, where you’ll spend the balance of the day amidst the beauty and history of the Renaissance. Your driver-guide will give you basic information about nearby sights and the city’s past but you might want to consider a local guide if you like lots of detail or want to be accompanied on foot. Details at the end, following the Rate table. We also offer kid-friendly itineraries with the local guide.
Order of the sights in Florence:
- Piazzale Michelangelo (photo stop for panoramic shots of the city)
- Santa Croce (when possible)
- Piazza del Duomo (cathedral, baptistery, bell tower)
- Piazza della Signoria, Palazzo Vecchio
- Porcellino Market, Ponte Vecchio
In addition to the major highlights we can include such things as the synagogue, Via Tornabuoni (for upscale shopping), San Lorenzo market, the Medici chapels, the central market, the Bargello gallery, etc. Customization should be requested in advance so your driver can be prepared.
On the way back to port we’ll take a scenic drive through the rolling Chianti hills, lush with vineyards and olive orchards and stop at a charming winery so you can enjoy a literal taste of Chianti!
FLORENCE & PISA PLUS A TASTE OF CHIANTI from Livorno
DURATION: 9 hrs
OTHER COSTS & NOTES
The following rates for optional items that we book for you are valid if you pay in cash, and reflect 10% off the full rates that apply when paying by card or Paypal.
- FLORENCE OTHER COSTS
- Classic highlights of Florence, 3 hours, 195 Euro
- Florence for Kids walking tour, 3 hours, 195 Euro
- Florence for Kids walking tour, 4 hours (required if you want to go into the Accademia gallery with the guide), 260 Euro
- Accademia gallery (closed MONDAYS) 20 Euro per adult, 4 Euro for youths age 6-17, children under 6 free
- Uffizi gallery (closed MONDAYS) 28 Euro per adult, 4 Euro for youths age 6-17, children under 6 free
- All-inclusive tickets for cathedral/cupola climb/baptistery/belltower climb and the Museo dell'Opera del Duomo (closed the FIRST TUESDAY of every month), 22 Euro pp for those over the age of 11, 5 Euro for children age 6-11, children under 6 free
Groups of 7 or more persons with a guide require headsets, 4 Euro per person
The price of pre-booked tickets is subject to change (due to increases implemented by the issuing organization and not having to do with us).
- PISA OTHER COSTS
- Leaning Tower of Pisa (open daily), 22 Euro per person
Children under the age of 8 are not permitted to climb the Leaning Tower. The price of pre-booked tickets is subject to change (due to increases implemented by the issuing organization and not having to do with us).
- TASTE OF CHIANTI
- San Michele a Torri, 10 Euro pp
The cost of the wine tasting is applicable to those 16 yrs of age and over.
- CHURCH DRESS CODE
Proper attire is required to enter churches (bare shoulders must be covered and shorts/skirts must come down to your knees).
look for other excursions from Livorno
Otherwise you can search:ALPHABETICALLY BY PORT
BY AREA OF INTEREST
BY GEOGRAPHIC AREA
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from La Spezia
- Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from La Spezia
- Easy Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Florence & Pisa from La Spezia
- Lucca & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from La Spezia
- Lucca, Pisa & the Grotta del Vento
- Portofino & Portovenere from La Spezia
- Authentic Tuscany (countryside, villages, artisan cheese & pasta)
- Chianti Winery Tour & Tasting
- Chianti’s Charming Villages
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from Livorno
- Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Cooking Class in Tuscany
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from Livorno
- Easy Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Florence & Lucca
- Florence & Pisa from Livorno
- Florence & Pisa plus a taste of Chianti
- Florence & San Gimignano
- Florence & The Mall
- Florence for Kids & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa (7 hrs)
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from Livorno
- Lucca & San Gimignano or Volterra + optional winery
- Lucca half day (4 hrs)
- Pisa half day (4 hrs)
- San Gimignano & Volterra + optional winery
- San Gimignano, Siena & Monteriggioni Castle
- Volterra (5-7 hrs)
- Volterra & Pisa + optional winery
- Volterra, Bolgheri & the Super Tuscan wine region