Florence for Kids & Pisa
A kid-friendly way to see Florence & Pisa that’s fun for the whole family.
A NOTE ABOUT DRIVING TIMES
From the port of Livorno driving times are reasonable: Livorno-Pisa, 25-30 min; Pisa-Florence, 75 min; Florence-Livorno, 75 min.
After a brief stop in Pisa you’ll meet your private guide in Florence who will take you on a kid-friendly adventure on foot through the Renaissance city.
The typical schedule is*:
- 08.00 pick up at the ship
- 08.30 Pisa
- 09.15 depart Pisa
- 10.30 arrive Florence, meet your guide
- 10.30-13.30 walking tour (add an additional hour to include the Accademia gallery)
- 3:30 depart Florence
- 5:00 back at port
*Note that this itinerary is for illustrative purposes only; reality may vary based on many factors.
DETAILS: FLORENCE FOR KIDS & PISA from Livorno
We prefer to stop in Pisa first, when the Field of Miracles (Leaning Tower) is empty. Going to Pisa at the beginning of the day also serves to avoid rush hour traffic entering Florence.
On Pisa’s “Campo dei Miracoli” you will find not only the world’s most famous bell tower but also the cathedral, baptistery and cemetery, which are all remarkable monuments.
Although we usually budget about 45 minutes in Pisa there is time to climb the Leaning Tower; it only takes 15 minutes. We can pre-book tickets for you (see the bottom of the page for costs.) You’ll still have time to see how many creative shots you can get of your group “holding up” the Leaning Tower.
Our kid-friendly itinerary covers the history of the city and its most important monuments. Children will learn about architecture from Medieval towers to Renaissance Palaces in a fun, hands-on way.
The agenda includes:
Palazzo Davanzati is an ancient palace with original decorations from the XIV century. Here we can feel with our own hands how old the city is!
We will play a game to recognize towers from the XI to the XIII centuries.
It looks like a street but indeed it’s a bridge on the river Arno, one of the greatest symbols of the city.
PIAZZA DELLA SIGNORIA
The political centre of the city is an open-air museum with a lot of beautiful statues all around. Here stands an enormous building that looks as a castle; it is called Palazzo Vecchio — the Old Palace.
We will talk about the origins of the modern Italian language and literature in the place where it began.
THE CATHEDRAL OF SANTA MARIA DEL FIORE AND BRUNELLESCHI’S DOME
Hear why the dome of the cathedral is a real standing miracle, and one of the best symbols of Renaissance.
A beautiful example of the Renaissance palace, this was the home of Lorenzo the Magnificent and the palace where Michelangelo was invited to live for few years.
FLORENCE FOR KIDS & PISA from Livorno
DURATION: 9 hrs
OTHER COSTS & NOTES
The following rates for optional items that we book for you are valid if you pay in cash, and reflect 10% off the full rates that apply when paying by card or Paypal.
- FLORENCE OTHER COSTS
- Florence for Kids walking tour, 3 hours, 195 Euro
- Florence for Kids walking tour, 4 hours (required if you want to go into the Accademia gallery with the guide), 260 Euro
- 10 Euro pp (a slice of pizza, a drink, and a two-scoop gelato) will be added automatically for everyone.
- Accademia gallery (closed MONDAYS) 20 Euro per adult, 4 Euro for youths age 6-17, children under 6 free
- Palazzo Davanzati, 6 Euro pp for adults, paid at the entrance
Groups of 7 or more persons with a guide require headsets, 4 Euro per person
Pizza & Gelato
The price of pre-booked tickets is subject to change (due to increases implemented by the issuing organization and not having to do with us).
- PISA OTHER COSTS
- Leaning Tower of Pisa (open daily), 25 Euro per person
Children under the age of 8 are not permitted to climb the Leaning Tower. The price of pre-booked tickets is subject to change (due to increases implemented by the issuing organization and not having to do with us).
- CHURCH DRESS CODE
Proper attire is required to enter churches (bare shoulders must be covered and shorts/skirts must come down to your knees).
look for other excursions from Livorno
Otherwise you can search:ALPHABETICALLY BY PORT
BY AREA OF INTEREST
BY GEOGRAPHIC AREA
- Etna & Taormina from Catania-Taormina (opt. winery)
- Etna & Taormina with private guide from Catania-Taormina (opt. winery)
- Syracuse & Taormina or Noto
- Syracuse & Taormina or Noto with private guide all day
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Catania-Taormina
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Catania-Taormina with private guide
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Catania-Taormina
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Catania-Taormina with private guide
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from La Spezia
- Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from La Spezia
- Easy Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Florence & Pisa from La Spezia
- Florence from La Spezia
- Lucca & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from La Spezia
- Lucca, Pisa & the Grotta del Vento
- Portofino & Portovenere from La Spezia
- Authentic Tuscany (countryside, villages, artisan cheese & pasta)
- Chianti Winery Tour & Tasting
- Chianti’s Charming Villages
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from Livorno
- Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Cooking Class in Tuscany
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from Livorno
- Easy Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Florence & Lucca
- Florence & Pisa from Livorno
- Florence & Pisa plus a taste of Chianti
- Florence & San Gimignano
- Florence & The Mall
- Florence for Kids & Pisa
- Jewish Treasures of Tuscany from Livorno
- Lucca & Pisa (7 hrs)
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from Livorno
- Lucca & San Gimignano or Volterra + optional winery
- Lucca half day (4 hrs)
- Pisa half day (4 hrs)
- San Gimignano & Volterra + optional winery
- San Gimignano, Siena & Monteriggioni Castle
- Volterra (5-7 hrs)
- Volterra & Pisa + optional winery
- Volterra, Bolgheri & the Super Tuscan wine region
- Etna & Taormina from Messina (opt. winery)
- Etna & Taormina with private guide from Messina (opt. winery)
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Messina
- Taormina, Castelmola & Savoca from Messina with private guide
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Messina
- The “Godfather” villages & Taormina from Messina with private guide