Pompei, Positano & Amalfi or Ravello
A great mix of ancient history at Pompei and the beauty of the Amalfi coast.
A NOTE ABOUT DRIVING TIMES
About 3.5 hours of travel time. For less driving and more enjoying we suggest limiting things to just Pompei plus Amalfi or Ravello. Going to Positano accounts for about an hour of driving time, even more in summer.
Experience life as it was in 79 AD, when Mt. Vesuvius erupted and froze the village of Pompei and its inhabitants in time. You will have a couple of hours to explore the excavations. A local guide is recommended to get the most out of your visit. See the Other Costs & Notes section for details.
Along the Amalfi coast a picture postcard comes to life as the vast expanse of the blue sea gives way to the craggy coast, dotted with outcroppings of rock, lush vegetation and colourful villages. In Positano you’ll feel like a jetsetter, surrounded by the elegance of designer shops and seaside cafés. Be sure to sample some limoncello, a tangy liqueur made from the celebrated local lemons.
Perched on a hilltop high above the Amalfi coast, Ravello is a place of spectacular beauty and breathtaking views. To get there you will take a slow uphill drive, passing picturesque vineyards and olive groves. Yet unspoiled by tourism, Ravello boasts many architectural and historical points of interest, particularly Villa Cimbrone and Villa Rufolo, where the gardens abound with seasonal flowers and give visitors a glimpse into the village’s fascinating past. Along Via Roma you will find upscale boutiques and traditional restaurants featuring the exceptional local cuisine.
This coastal town is situated on a seafront port and a long stretch of pebbled beach. In front of the port of Amalfi, is the only bus station along the coast. Behind this square lies the main shopping street of Amalfi, that ends at the furthest and highest point of the town. Along the pedestrian street are various bars and cafes, not to mention the many shops selling limoncello, casual apparel, swimwear, gifts, basic groceries, and of course, ceramics. However, if one would like to see more than just shops, Amalfi has some interesting sights to explore such as: a spectacular cathedral along the coast, and a paper factory and its museum. There are also some highly recommended local restaurants, which your driver can suggest.
DURATION: 9 hrs
OTHER COSTS & NOTES
The following rates for optional items that we book for you are valid if you pay in cash, and reflect 10% off the full rates that apply when paying by card or Paypal.
POMPEI OTHER COSTS
- Pompei ruins (open daily) 13 Euro per person, paid directly to the admission desk at time of entry (no need to pre-book)
- Local guide for 2 hours at Pompei (recommended), 130 Euro
- CHURCH DRESS CODE
Proper attire is required to enter churches (bare shoulders must be covered and shorts/skirts must come down to your knees).
look for other excursions from Salerno or Amalfi
Otherwise you can search:ALPHABETICALLY BY PORT
BY AREA OF INTEREST
BY GEOGRAPHIC AREA
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from La Spezia
- Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from La Spezia
- Easy Cinque Terre from La Spezia
- Florence & Pisa from La Spezia
- Lucca & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from La Spezia
- Lucca, Pisa & the Grotta del Vento
- Portofino & Portovenere from La Spezia
- Authentic Tuscany (countryside, villages, artisan cheese & pasta)
- Chianti Winery Tour & Tasting
- Chianti’s Charming Villages
- Cinque Terre & Pisa from Livorno
- Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Cooking Class in Tuscany
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre) from Livorno
- Easy Cinque Terre from Livorno
- Florence & Lucca
- Florence & Pisa from Livorno
- Florence & Pisa plus a taste of Chianti
- Florence & San Gimignano
- Florence & The Mall
- Florence for Kids & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa (7 hrs)
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo from Livorno
- Lucca & San Gimignano or Volterra + optional winery
- Lucca half day (4 hrs)
- Pisa half day (4 hrs)
- San Gimignano & Volterra + optional winery
- San Gimignano, Siena & Monteriggioni Castle
- Volterra (5-7 hrs)
- Volterra & Pisa + optional winery
- Volterra, Bolgheri & the Super Tuscan wine region