Ancient Nora Ruins & Cagliari
For lovers of ancient history, archeology and nature.
In a dramatic setting on the sea not far south of Cagliari you’ll find the ancient ruins of Nora. Settled by the Phoenicians about the 8th century BC and later conquered by the Carthaginians and Romans, it is one of the most interesting archeological sites in Italy. Amongst the finds are a Roman theatre, a series of mosaic floors, and Roman baths. Your guide will lead you through the archeological site on an engaging 50-minute private tour.
Nature lovers and children are sure to enjoy the drive between Nora and Cagliari, where flocks of pink flamingos make their home in the lowlands that form their natural habitat.
Cagliari is a beautiful, vibrant city with lots to see and enjoy, thanks to its 5000-year history and the rule of several civilizations. We’ll cover the best of the historical sights, including the charming Castello district with its interesting churches and towers reflecting a variety of ethnic/architectural influences. Here in the old (Medieval) town you’ll enjoy strolling the narrow streets and the panoramic views from Terrazza Umberto.
DURATION: 8 hrs
Otherwise you can search:ALPHABETICALLY BY PORT
BY AREA OF INTEREST
BY GEOGRAPHIC AREA
- Authentic Tuscany (countryside, villages, artisan cheese & pasta)
- Chianti Winery Tour & Tasting
- Chianti’s Charming Villages
- Cinque Terre
- Cinque Terre & Pisa
- Cooking Class in Tuscany
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre)
- Easy Cinque Terre
- Florence & Lucca
- Florence & Pisa
- Florence & Pisa plus a taste of Chianti
- Florence & San Gimignano
- Florence & The Mall
- Florence for Kids & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa (7 hrs)
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo
- Lucca & San Gimignano or Volterra + optional winery
- Lucca half day (4 hrs)
- Pisa half day (4 hrs)
- San Gimignano & Siena
- San Gimignano & Volterra + optional winery
- Volterra (5-7 hrs)
- Volterra & Pisa + optional winery
- Volterra, Bolgheri & the Super Tuscan wine region