Easy Cinque Terre
Set against cliffs rising dramatically from the sea, the Cinque Terre is sure to be a place you will never forget. Enjoy the glory of nature and the charm of old world fishing villages… and maybe some great seafood and local white wine as well!
A NOTE ABOUT DRIVING TIMES
La Spezia is in close proximity to the Cinque Terre and most of the driving is scenic. See the sample itinerary below to get a sense of driving times.
Our excursion to the Cinque Terre from La Spezia is limited to the places that are relatively flat where we can get reasonably close with the vehicle (Portovenere, Vernazza and Corniglia), so it is suitable for those with limited mobility or stamina. It’s also a good choice for a shorter touring day.
Nature enthusiasts will be glad to know that Parco Nazionale delle Cinque Terre is a Nature Sanctuary, as well as a Unesco World Environmental and Cultural Heritage site. In Cinque Terre there are no cars and no noise; nature steals the scene!
The typical schedule goes as follows*:
- 09.00 pickup
- 09.30-10.30 Portovenere
- 10.30-11.30 scenic drive to Vernazza
- 11.30-13.30 Vernazza
- 13.30-13.45 panoramic road to Corniglia
- 13.45-14.30 Corniglia
- 15.30 back at the ship
*Note that this itinerary is for illustrative purposes only; reality may vary based on many factors. We may also need to adjust the start time; please refer to your confirmation for the final details.
Clients have the option of taking the ferry from Portovenere to Vernazza, which takes about the same amount of time as the scenic drive and is a great way to see the stunning coastline from a special perspective. You must be steady on your feet to take the ferry as boarding is via a narrow and sometimes unstable gangway.
The Cinque Terre boasts many fine restaurants and some of the best seafood in the world. The region is also known for its refreshing white wine that you should be sure to sample.
DURATION: 6-7 hrs
OTHER COSTS & NOTES
The following rates for optional items that we book for you are valid if you pay in cash, and reflect 10% off the full rates that apply when paying by card or Paypal.
- CINQUE TERRE OTHER COSTS
- The ferry (from Portovenere to Vernazza, "one way with stops") costs 27 Euro pp (15 Euro for children 6-11), to be paid directly in cash at the ferry kiosk. The ferry cannot be pre-booked.
- A local guide who can accompany you on foot is available for an additional 300 Euro (must be arranged in advance).
- IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
- The Cinque Terre is NOT WELL-SUITED for anyone in a wheelchair or with mobility issues. Our Easy Cinque Terre itinerary is recommended for these situations.
- The Via dell'Amore is still closed with no known reopening date.
- If the ferry is not running you can travel between the villages by local train, which costs a few Euro (out of pocket expense).
- Your driver-guide will not accompany through the villages; they must take the vehicle to meet you at the other end.
- The conditions and availability of certain features are ever-changing in the Cinque Terre and we reserve the right to make changes to your itinerary based on the situation on the day of your service.
look for other excursions from Livorno
Otherwise you can search:ALPHABETICALLY BY PORT
BY AREA OF INTEREST
BY GEOGRAPHIC AREA
- Chianti Winery Tour & Tasting
- Chianti’s Charming Villages
- Cinque Terre
- Cinque Terre & Pisa
- Cooking Class in Tuscany
- Cool Castles & Awesome Art (a family-friendly alternative to Cinque Terre)
- Easy Cinque Terre
- Florence & Lucca
- Florence & Pisa
- Florence & Pisa plus a taste of Chianti
- Florence & San Gimignano
- Florence & The Mall
- Florence for Kids & Pisa
- Lucca & Pisa (7 hrs)
- Lucca & Pisa + winery in Montecarlo
- Lucca & San Gimignano or Volterra + optional winery
- Lucca half day (4 hrs)
- Pisa half day (4 hrs)
- San Gimignano & Siena
- San Gimignano & Volterra + optional winery
- Volterra (5-7 hrs)
- Volterra & Pisa + optional winery
- Volterra, Bolgheri & the Super Tuscan wine region